Real estate investment can be a complex affair. There are several factors that affect the profitability of any real estate investment.
Profitability on your real estate investment is mostly dependent upon your ability to find the best possible deal in the market. You must be able to identify the real estate deals that have the best potential that will allow you to maximize your profits.
Let us discuss some types of real estate investments that would top the list.
1) Big City Vacant Land: Land in big cities is understandably more expensive than that in small towns.
Although buying land in a big city would pay richer dividends, it would also involve a higher investment. It is important to understand when to make that investment.
Experts suggest that boom time would be good time to invest, as the property value will appreciate rapidly giving a higher ROI (Return On Investment). Or, you could buy land in low cost outlying areas,
where the population is still expanding. With a little patience, this would give you excellent returns.
2) Land with Ocean Frontage: Scout around for ocean front land in areas that are yet to be developed.
Make sure that the land is residential, and can be built upon, with no legal impediments.
This kind of a deal would be one of the soundest investments to make in real estate.
You just have to wait for development to take off, and reap a huge profit on the investment.
Ocean front properties are the most sought after in real estate.
3) Land with Lake Frontage: This is similar to land that has an ocean frontage, but on a smaller scale.
However, you have more options, because, in general, there are more numbers of lakes. Properties like this are of optimum value, because most people like to live in the vicinity of water, enjoying lakeside walks. So take advantage of this to invest in lake front land if you are unable to get ocean front land.
4) Land with a view of a Lake: Dont confuse this with lake front land. This is land that has a lake nearby. People who are unable to buy land right on the lakeshore prefer a place that may be a few blocks from there, which would give them access to it. But be cautious, and invest in such land only if there is ongoing expansion and development in the area.
5) Golf Course Land: Golf is a great sport, enjoyed by multitudes of people nowadays.
Lately, there has been a growing trend of buying property on or near a popular golf course.
The greater the popularity of the golf course, the better the chances of a higher return on the investment.
To a golfer, walking a few minutes to the course and returning home again everyday would sound like paradise, especially to retirees. Try to invest in such land for assured high returns.
6) Ranch Property: This requires heavy investment, but if you have the resources, it can be a long-term project that would give bumper returns. Big lots, say one hundred acres, that may be in a remote location, but are next to some other developing lots of similar size, can be a sound investment. But it needs to be within your investment limits and other required capacities.