Selling your Colorado Springs house in today’s market requires basic repairs, you will want your house to show very well as there is lots of competition. Calling a real estate investor could get it done quickly without making these extensive repairs.
Putting your Colorado Springs house on the market for sale will be a bit of a challenge as there are so many homes to compete with in today’s listings.
Your house will need to stand out from the others and basic repairs and replacements should be done before you advertise that you are selling. You’ll want everyone, including the first people that come to see it, to recognize the exceptional condition it is in and that it is indeed worth every penny you are asking for it.
Check the main systems and make sure they are in good working order.
- Your plumbing, electrical, and heating/air conditioning.
- Take a look at your fuse box. See if it needs to have additional fuses added to make it more conducive to today’s electrical needs.
- Find out whether the hot water heater is working well and not leaking. If it leaks, you will want to replace it.
- The heating and air conditioning system can be checked by a professional if you know nothing about it. You won’t want to have it stop working after your buyer moves in and the temperature dips below freezing.
- Updated plumbing is good for selling houses, so if your system is very old and has never been replaced, you might want to get an estimate for replacement or at least have it upgraded.
- If the roof leaks you’ll most likely be aware of it, but small drips can seep into the attic undetected. Be sure to go into the attic and look around for discolored insulation or other evidence of moisture.
- Check the basement as well because even a very small leak will cause mold and mildew to form, which are both very hard to get rid of.
One of the easiest ways to find out what might be wrong with your house as well as what’s right, is to call an independent home inspector to schedule an inspection. You’ll receive a report outlining the specifics and what you might need to fix before listing your Colorado Springs house.
If your finances don’t allow for repairs and you simply need to get the house sold as quickly as possible, try us for a no obligation offer on your house.
We buy all sorts of houses in Colorado, in any condition and almost any location. You won’t be expected to do repairs or extensive cleanup of the property. We are the easiest and quickest way to get your Colorado Springs house sold.