Is it any wonder why things that look clean sell better? No doubt, this holds true even for houses.
If you are considering selling your house, certainly you want to try to maximize its appeal as much as possible. And the easiest way to do it is to make it look good, and not merely good, but to make it sparkle.
Have you ever gone to someone’s house and immediately felt repulsed by it simply because it was dirty and untidy? If you have, then you certainly don’t want potential buyers of your house to feel the same way about your home.
There are many things you can do to make your house sparkle and these things are not as difficult as you may imagine.
The first thing you need to take care of is proper cleaning.
- Start with the ceilings in every room. Check to see if there are any cobwebs in the corners and take them out.
- Check the spaces near windows and curtains, including curtain rods and dust them thoroughly.
- If you have a lot of wall hangings or picture frames on the walls, clean them out as well as the space behind them on the wall.
- Dust all your furniture thoroughly.
- Finally, sweep/vacuum the floor and/or mop/wax it.
Make the Glass Sparkle!
The next thing you want to look at are all the glass surfaces in the house.
- Start with the windows and was them inside as well as outside.
- Look at light fixtures as they usually have a lot of settled dust on them.
- If you have picture frames, spray them with cleaning fluid and wipe them.
- Another important thing to keep in mind is lamps and other glass artifacts on display. Wipe them clean and polish them, if necessary.
Brighten Up Your House to Sell!
- Amongst other small things you can do to brighten up your house.
- Start with fresh curtains and bed covers.
- Replace all the upholstery you can to make it look new and bright.
- Clean your kitchen thoroughly, especially the refrigerator.
- In the bathroom, polish all your metal faucets and hang new towels and shower curtains.
- Clean the bathroom mirror to a sparkle.
- Also remember to keep the outside of your house thoroughly clean.
And there is our checklist of small things that you can do that will help your house cleaner to sell!